Page Last Updated:PT
- Live high frequency equipment demonstrations, including emergency communications.
- Dipole antenna construction plus mobile antenna demonstrations.
- Multiple choice examinations with no Morse code test required.
- Learn how to put up “hidden” wire antennas to work the world!
- Discussions on which equipment to purchase and not get stuck with bad junk.
- Learn high frequency net operating etiquette and procedures, with live equipment.
Ham radio operators provide valuable communications in an emergency. Many cities throughout the country use ham radio operators to support Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training and actual call-outs. This six-session class will feature live ham radio equipment for everyone to learn how to operate the worldwide bands. With homework between sessions, spend a few weeks learning to get on the exciting world wide bands by passing your amateur radio Element 4 Amateur Extra Class examination.
Class Schedule for 2019:
$15.00 FCC examination fee (exams given monthly on schedule)
Gordon West 2016-20 Extra Class Study Manual (~$25)
Registration opens 3 weeks prior to session, and is required by completing the form below.
South Orange Amateur Radio Association (www.soara.org)
Steve Kuver, K6UVR@soara.org (Education Director)
Sean Reigle, AJ6B, firstname.lastname@example.org (instructor)
Heiko Peschel, AD6OI, email@example.com (949)859-3868
Combined Study Guide (Gordon West)