Page Last Updated:PT
- Prepare for your General Class ham radio FCC license exam with this classroom review.
- Live high frequency equipment demonstrations (time permitting).
- Dipole antenna construction plus mobile antenna demonstrations (time permitting).
- No Morse code test required.
- Learn how to put up “hidden” wire antennas to work the world!
- Discussions on which equipment to purchase and not get stuck with junk.
- Learn high frequency net operating etiquette and procedures, with live equipment.
Ham radio operators provide valuable communications in an emergency. Many cities throughout the country use ham radio operators to support Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training and actual call-outs. This one-day class will feature live ham radio equipment for everyone to learn how to operate the worldwide bands. With homework done in advance, spend a day learning to get on the exciting world wide bands by passing your amateur radio Element 3 General Class examination, given before the Monday evening SOARA regular meeting at 6PM
Classroom Dates for 2021:
No sessions for 2021
Gordon West 2019-23 General Study Manual (~$25)
Registration will open approximately 3 weeks before class. Feel free to Email K6UVR if you have any questions prior.
South Orange Amateur Radio Association (www.soara.org)
Steve Kuver, K6UVR@soara.org (Education Director)
Heiko Peschel, AD6OI, firstname.lastname@example.org (949)859-3868