Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the South Orange Amateur Radio Association (SOARA.) Potential members are always welcome to join us at any of our club meetings or activities to see if SOARA is the right fit for you! Our members have expertise in all areas of amateur radio (and in many other electronic areas) and are friendly and always willing to lend a hand to new or seasoned hams.
- Full access to all club repeaters, including D-Star, Echolink and other special modes!
- A spiffy orange club name badge.
- Club newsletter e-mailed to you every month so you are kept up to date on club and amateur radio happenings.
- A club e-mail address of <your call>@soara.org which is automatically forwarded to your current e-mail address.
- Ability to check out books from the club library.
- Ability to vote for the club Officers or Directors each year.
- Ability to serve as a club Officer or Director.
- Recognition as a member of one of the most active and respected amateur radio clubs in California.
How to Join
- Fill out the new member application form and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay your first year dues and initiation fee online via Paypal.
- (Alternatively, you may print the form and either mail the form and a check to our Post Office box or bring them to a regular club meeting).
- That’s it! (As soon as your club application has been approved by the board, you are a full member!)
Your yearly membership dues help cover club repeater maintenance and insurance costs, as well as most club activities.
- Regular Membership — $50
- Regular Initiation Fee — $40
- Additional Family Member — $25
- Additional Family Member Initiation Fee — $20
- Student Membership — $25
- Student Initiation Fee — $20
Your membership dues are NOT tax deductible, as SOARA is a 501(c)7 organization.
Fill out the form below to send a question to the membership director:
Page Last Updated: PT