Thank you for your interest in possibly becoming a member of the South Orange Amateur Radio Association (SOARA.) New members are always welcome to join us at any of our club meetings or activities to see if SOARA is the right fit for you! Our extensive membership has expertise in all areas of Amateur Radio (and in many other electronic areas) and are friendly and always willing to lend a hand to new or seasoned Amateurs.
- Full access to all 11 club repeaters including phone patch, D-Star, Echolink and other special modes!
- A spiffy orange club name badge.
- Club newsletter e-mailed to you every month so you are kept up to date on club and Amateur Radio happenings.
- An optional club e-mail address of <your call>@soara.org which is automatically forwarded to your current e-mail address.
- Ability to check out club books from the club library.
- Vote for the club Officers or Directors each year.
- Ability to serve as a club Officer or Director.
- Recognition as member of one of the most active and respected Amateur Radio clubs in California.
How to Join
- Fill out the new member application form (available here or at a club meeting.)
- Attach your pro-rated first year dues and initiation fee or pay online here via Paypal.
- Attach a copy of your Amateur Radio license (if you are licensed.)
- Bring all items to a regular club meeting, send via US mail to our Post Office box or scanned in e-mail to email@example.com.
- That’s it! (As soon as your club application has been approved by the board, you are a full member!)
Your yearly membership dues help maintain the club repeaters, insurance costs and cover most club activities costs.
- Regular Membership — $50
- Regular Initiation Fee — $40
- Additional Family Member — $25
- Additional Family Member Initiation Fee — $20
- Student Membership — $25
- Student Initiation Fee — $20
Your membership dues are NOT tax deductible as SOARA is a 501(c)7 organization.
Fill out the form below to send a question to the membership director:
Page Last Updated: PT