SOARA Saturday was started to give our newer members and guests a less formal meeting upon which they can meet up with experienced club members to learn new skills or be introduced to new things in Amateur Radio.
In April 2018 we changed the SOARA Saturday name to SOARA Elmer Saturday. This was a natural evolution since Elmering is a natural part of SOARA Saturday. Look for green Elmer badges. They may or may not have your specific answer but they are willing to help.
Sometimes SOARA Saturdays will have a topic of discussion, although if you have a specific topic or question you would like to ask, feel free to attend and ask!
SOARA Saturday is open to the public and there is no fee to attend. Donuts and coffee are typically provided by SOARA.
8/2016 Pixie QRP kit build & soldering class, Erik W6INE
- Jan (Feb 2), Murray Center, Transmitter hunting Antennas, bring your parts and we will help you build.
- Instructions to build a PVC tape measure antenna
- 3D print parts for tape measure antenna, designed by WA6ED, STL files
- Build a multiple polarization cubic quad antenna
- $8 offset attenuator kit, you will need a case, coax, connectors…
- Two links above, be sure read the manual & never transmit into the attenuator.
- This is a kit, you will need to add a box, connectors, soldering, and wiring.
- Feb (Mar 2), Murray Center, T-Hunt Practice in-the-park around the center
- Joe’s website on radio direction finding (RDF)
- This is a book to get started, by Joseph D. Moell, KØOV, and Thomas N. Curlee, WB6UZZ
- Nice presentation on RDF
- Describes several different types of RDF equipment
- Mar 23, Murray Center, Computer Assisted Radio,
- EchoLink 101, MMDVM, Zum Spot, and stuff
- Apr 20, Gilleran Park, VLF
- May 25, Murray Center, MicroBitX, HF Kits
- Jun 22, Gilleran Park, Battery Box Build? If enough interest.
- Jul 20, Gillrean Park, HF Operation & Grounding, Static & Lightning Protection
- Aug 24, Murray Center, Tube Radios
- Sept 21, Murray Center, Antenna Analyzers, Smith Charts, Etc.
- Oct 26, Gilleran Park, Emergency Power and Operation
- Nov 23, Megger / Insulation testing, Coax
- Dec, No SOARA Saturday in December.
Past SOARA Saturdays
4/2017 Paint can HF dummy load kit build
The SWR was typically 1.22 : 1 or better up to 30 MHz!
3/2017 DMR Workshop, Presented by Mikkel NR6E
3/2017 Field Strength Meter kit build inside multimeter
10/22/2016 Tape measure T-hunt antenna build with attenuator
Page Last Updated:PT